BUSINESS REFERRAL NETWORK
The Business Referral Network is a proactive member group of and sponsored by the Richmond Chamber of Commerce whose objective is to provide a bi-monthly networking program for the purpose of generating new business through referrals from fellow members. This is accomplished through:
- A) Fellowship
- B) Communications
- C) Commitment
Membership shall consist of members representing non-competing businesses and organizations. To be eligible for membership in the Business Referral Network, a company must:
- Be a member in good standing with the Richmond Chamber of Commerce.
- Not be in competition with any other member of the Business Referral Network.
- Be in a position to provide referral group members with legitimate pre-qualified referrals.
SELECTION OF MEMBERS
- Applications for membership submitted to the Richmond Chamber will be presented to the Membership Chairperson. The Advisory Board of the Business Referral Network will determine eligibility of the applicant.
- Applicants may visit each group up to two (2) times before requesting membership. Requests for membership are made to the Membership Chairperson of the Business Referral Network.
- The applicant must provide information on the application form including services provided for consideration by the Advisory Board. The applicant must attend at least one meeting of the Business Referral Network prior to acceptance.
- If a Business Referral Network Member wishes to expand his services after initial acceptance, he must reapply for those services to the Advisory Board.
- Any member may object to an applicant based on membership eligibility requirements. If the applicant wishes to challenge the objection, written statement shall be presented to the Advisory Board.
- The Advisory Board may deny membership to an applicant based on membership eligibility requirements. If the applicant is denied membership to a group, the applicant will be placed on a waiting list to be reviewed periodically. The waiting list will be kept and maintained by the Chamber and will be made available to any member of the Group upon request.
- After the applicant has been approved for the membership by the Advisory Board, the applicant will become a member upon payment of the membership fee.
OBLIGATIONS OF MEMBERS
- A) Members are expected to furnish valid business referrals or leads on a continuing basis to other members. A monthly average of one (1) referral per month shall be considered the minimum standard.
- Members are expected to attend all meetings. A limit of five (5) absences (doctor appointments, illness, vacations) per calendar year will be considered acceptable. Members who exceed five (5) absences will have their classification opened to new members.
- Members are expected to present a “Craft Talk” about their business, to help other members learn more about them, their company/organization and possible ways to provide referrals.
- Members are expected to pay all fees in a timely manner.
- A) The membership fees for the Business Referral Network are $150 per year payable in January. For Business Referral Network Members joining during the calendar year the fees will be prorated.
- B) Members are also required to bring coffee and pastries/donuts/bagels at their expense for one meeting per year.
- C) Dues are subject to change and are non refundable.
- D) Payment is due upon receipt. If payment is not received within thirty (30) days of the due date, your classification in the Business Referral Network will be open to new members.
LEAVE OF ABSENCE
Leave of absence will be permitted as long as another competing industry group is not interested in joining the referral group. If another business is interested, the current network member will be given first right of refusal. Any group member requesting a leave of absence will be responsible for all fees and all dues. The leave of absence shall be no longer than 3 months.
DUTIES OF ADVISORY BOARD MEMBERS
It shall be the joint responsibility of the Advisory Board to actively recruit new members as needed to satisfy full membership of at least 30 members. The Advisory Board shall consist of Chairperson, Vice Chairperson, Secretary / Treasurer and Membership Chairperson.
- The Chairperson of the Advisory Board shall preside over all meetings of the network group and the Advisory Board and shall coordinate all functions of the Advisory Board. The Chairperson shall be in charge of and have the duties of arranging for the weekly craft talks of members and organizing such other activities as are approved by the Advisory Board.
- The Vice Chairperson shall assist the Chairperson in the performance of Advisory Board duties. In the absence of the Chairperson, the Vice Chairperson shall preside at meetings of the network and the Advisory Board. The Vice Chairperson shall also be responsible for conducting new member orientation sessions and ongoing networking training sessions. Orientation sessions shall be held monthly as required.
- The Membership Chairperson is responsible for presenting applications for membership to the Advisory Board for its consideration.
- The Secretary/Treasurer shall be responsible for the monthly accounting of member attendance and referrals given to be presented each month to the group. It will also be the responsibility of the Chamber Secretary / Treasurer to advise the membership of Chamber events and member information relevant to the status of the network’s members and applicants.
- The Secretary / Treasurer shall record minutes of the Advisory board meetings and weekly network meetings.
- No Advisory Board or Network Group may commit the Richmond Chamber of Commerce to any contractual obligation without first securing the proper authority through the Chamber.
- No Advisory Board or Network Group may take a public political position or endanger the Richmond Chamber of Commerce’s nonprofit tax status in any manner.
ADVISORY BOARD SELECTION
The membership will submit in writing up to 3 persons, including their own name if they so desire, that they would like to be on the advisory board. Nominations shall be submitted annually. The current board will select 3 persons as a ballot committee and the ballot committee will tally the list.
The list will be given to the Membership Chairperson and the Chair will announce the Advisory Board.
The newly elected Advisory Board will then choose the Chairperson, Vice-Chairperson, Secretary / Treasurer, Membership Chairperson. Advisory Board Successors shall be officially placed in office annually and serve a one-year term from July 1 thru June 30.
Ideas, suggestions, and grievances will be submitted by phone call or in writing to the Advisory Board and will be given due consideration. If necessary and appropriate, they will be presented to the membership for input and discussion. At no time shall the Advisory board make a decision affecting the membership without the input/vote of the membership
APPLICATION: Download the application BRN_App and email it to Catherine@rcoc.com