From our earliest beginnings, the Ed Fund has awarded college scholarships to low-income graduating seniors of the West Contra Costa Unified School District. Since 2005, we have awarded over one million dollars in scholarships to nearly 400 students. In 2014, the Ed Fund awarded over $200,000 in scholarships to more than 80 students.
Applicants can expect to hear back from us regarding application status by the end of March.
Not Your Average Scholarship
Our Ed Fund Scholars receive anywhere from $1,000-$5,000 for their first year in college depending on financial need. In addition to the scholarship money, Ed Fund Scholars receive:
- Automatic eligibility to be considered for other local scholarships
- Help with reading and comparing Financial Aid Award Letters
- Support in choosing their “best fit” college
- College transition workshops
- Frequent check-ins throughout their first year in college
- Mentoring and many other opportunities to connect with past Ed Fund Scholars
Who can apply?
We welcome applications from students who fit all minimum eligibility requirements:
- Current public high school senior attending a WCCUSD school
- Submit FAFSA or California Dream Act Application by the March 2nd priority deadline
- Have a copy of your Student Aid Report (SAR) (generated after competing a FAFSA) or California Aid Report (CAR) (generated after completing a CA Dream Act Application, accessible once you create a WebGrants account)
- Demonstrate financial need
- Have a minimum 2.5 GPA
- Show commitment to making a positive impact on your community
What we look for in an Ed Fund Scholar
The Ed Fund reserves the right to give consideration to students who are typically underrepresented on college campuses. The geographic disbursement of our scholarships may also be taken into account.
How to Apply
- Submit your FAFSA or California Dream Act Application by the March 2nd priority deadline.
- Submit a 2014 Ed Fund Scholarship Application by Thursday, March 5, 2015
- Send us your Student Aid Report or California Aid Report by Thursday, March 5, 2015
- Like the Ed Fund on Facebook
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or would like more information.